Asparagus and Mushroom Grain Bowl
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Wherever, whenever, eat as fresh as possible. Eat as close to whole, original form of your vegetables. Here is a good meal to attempt that with. This meal includes so many fresh flavors. We'd been eating some really tasty processed plant-based foods, and had to pull it back a bit. So here's how we did that today.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||25 minutes||35 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- farro semi-pearled
- organic vegetable broth
- unrefined grape seed oil
- shiitake mushrooms
- minced garlic cloves
- chopped fennel bulb
- chopped asparagus
- Earth Balance soy free vegan butter
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
- chopped green onion
- Violife vegan parmesan cheese
- toasted sliced almonds
- dill and/or fennel fronds
- Warm a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Rinse farro thoroughly, pour in the heated pot, and add organic vegetable broth. Stir to keep farro from sticking.
- Over medium/medium high heat, add oil and shiitake mushrooms to a large skillet. Sauté until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add minced garlic cloves and cook until you smell a nice garlic aroma.
- Remove mushrooms and garlic from the skillet and store on a plate to the side.
- Add to the heated skillet, chopped fennel bulb and chopped asparagus. Cook for about 6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add Earth Balance soy free vegan butter, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice to farro and mix well.
- On a large plate, or in a large bowl, spoon some farro. Top with the mushrooms and cooked greens (fennel bulb and farro). Top with chopped green onion, Violife vegan parmesan cheese, toasted sliced almonds, and dill and/or fennel fronds.
- Enjoy your meal!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!