Creamy Green Beans and Baked Sweet Potato
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
I always try to make sure that my family and I are eating a well balanced meal. You can't go wrong with plenty go greens, herbs, spices, and complex carb. Green beans are already delicious. I wanted to find a different way to enjoy them, so I made them creamy. Sweet potatoes are one of the best options for healthy carbs and they taste A-MA-ZING! Preparing a healthy meal does not have to be long and drawn out. Here's a quick, simple, and yummy meal that will serve your health as well. Check this out!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|3 minutes||20 minutes||23 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- minced garlic
- chopped yellow onion
- chopped bell pepper
- green beans
- Himalayan pink salt
- cayenne pepper
- Kirkland organic no salt seasoning
- organic vegetable broth
- Primal Kitchen No Dairy Alfredo sauce
- sweet potato
- Earth Balance soy free vegan butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Rinse sweet potatoes thoroughly and poke holes all over them with a knife. (Don't forget to poke holes or they can explode after being heated.) Put sweet potatoes on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Coat the outside of the sweet potatoes with a layer of Earth Balance soy free vegan butter and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Continue to bake for about another 10 minutes or until the outside begins to wrinkle and crisp.
- When sweet potatoes are finished baking, cut them open, add Earth Balance soy free vegan butter and/or Himalayan Pink salt and fluff to serve. (Toppings optional)
- Heat a frying pan over medium/medium low heat and add minced garlic, chopped onions, and chopped bell peppers.
- Cook for about 2 minutes. Add green beans (fresh or frozen) and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add Himalayan pink salt, cayenne pepper, Kirkland organic no salt seasoning, rosemary, marjoram, basil, dill, organic vegetable broth (about 1/2 cup), and 1 jar of Primal Kitchen No Dairy Alfred sauce. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes or until green beans are at your preferred texture. (Less time for more crunchy green beans. More time for softer green beans.)
- Plate sweet potatoes and creamy green beans. Enjoy your meal!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!