Broccoli Macaroni & Cheese
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Tonight I decided that macaroni was in our future, but how dare we eat a calorie dense low nutrient dinner. So why not just add some veggies to a well-known popular dish, which also happens to be a favorite of mine ever since I was a child. Who says that you can't add broccoli to macaroni and cheese. Actually, I don't recall anyone saying that, so in that case let us create!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- Andean Dream elbow noodles
- chopped onion
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped garlic cloves
- chopped broccoli
- pink himalayan salt
- black pepper
- Kirkland Organic No-Salt Seasoning
- Violife Vegan Cheddar cheese
- Nutritional Yeast
- granulated garlic
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add pink himalayan salt and noodles. Stir periodically so that noodles do not stick.
- In a skillet, over medium/medium low heat, add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and chopped garlic cloves. Sautee for about 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add water or vegetable broth 1 Tablespoon at a time as needed to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add chopped broccoli, pink himalayan salt, black pepper, Kirkland Organic No-Salt Seasoning, rosemary, and oregano. Cook for about another 3-5 minutes until.
- Drain most of the water from the noodles leaving about a cup of water in the pot.
- Over medium-low heat, add Violife Vegan Cheddar cheese and nutritional yeast. If needed add more water/vegetable broth or nutritional yeast until a cheesy texture is achieved.
- Add sautéed vegetables and stir. If needed add pink himalayan salt and black pepper to taste.
- Plate and enjoy your meal!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!