Creamy Buckwheat with Sweet Berry Sauce
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
It was an easy and hearty breakfast today. Buckwheat is a highly nutritious whole grain that is packed with protein, fiber, and a good source of energy. It's really good at aiding the body in weight loss, good for the heart, and can help with diabetes. In place of eating a bowl of oatmeal, my family and I eat a bowl of rich buckwheat. I almost always love topping it with fruit. Today I chose to make a sweet berry sauce for us to enjoy.
*All times are approximate.*
- organic buckwheat
- water and/or almond milk
- brown Swerve sweetener and/or liquid Stevia
- vanilla extract
- Himalayan pink salt (a pinch)
Sweet Berry Sauce
- berries (frozen or fresh)
- powdered Swerve sweetener
- Follow the instructions on the organic buckwheat box to cook the buckwheat.
- Add the brown Swerve, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Himalayan pink salt while the buckwheat is still hot. Let the buckwheat cool a bit before serving.
- In a small pot, add berries, water, and powdered Swerve. Bring to a boil, cooking longer if you want a thicker sauce.
- Dip a large serving spoon of creamy buckwheat into a bowl, top with the sweet berry sauce, and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!