Eggplant and Green Bean Pasta
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Tonight I wanted to eat something more on the fresh side. I wanted to mix things up a little bit but include some fresh vegetables of different colors and fresh herbs. Eggplant is known to have a large amount of antioxidants in its dark purple skin among other nutrients. Green beans are full of protein, vitamin K, and other important nutrients. Cherry tomatoes are packed with vitamins A, C, and other goodies. Here is how I brought all of those vegetables together, with a few others, to create a fresh, nutritious, and yummy dinner for my family to enjoy.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- Andean Dream Organic Fusilli Pasta
- organic unrefined grapeseed oil
- chopped eggplant
- minced garlic cloves
- halved cherry tomatoes
- white wine vinegar
- pink himalayan salt
- black pepper
- fresh thyme
- Bring 4-6 cups of water to boil and add a pinch of pink himalayan salt. Then add noodles to the pot. Stir occasionally.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Add chopped eggplant to the hot skillet and cook until tender.
- Add minced garlic cloves and simmer until there is a pleasant garlicky aroma.
- Add half of the halved cherry tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes release their juice.
- Add green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain noodles leaving about 1 cups of water in the bottom of the pot.
- Pour noodles and remaining water into the skillet with vegetables and toss together. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add white wine vinegar, pink himalayan salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Add 1-2 large serving spoons (about 1-2 servings) to a bowl. Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy your meal.