Herbal Detox Tea
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Hey there my good FamBam! (lol)
As you know, my family and I cleanse every change of the seasons. This is something that our ancestors have done for many years before us. The basic way of putting it is "Out with the old, and in with the new". The body is always detoxing itself, but there are herbs that can assist with that process. Naturally fruits and vegetables aid the body in that process too. So, if you have a clean diet, take herbs, and cleanse periodically, you are probably in GREAT shape internally.
Much of what is included in diets like the Standard American Diet, along with toxins from cleaning products, air pollution, etc. make it harder for the liver to rid the body of toxins. Basically it becomes toxin overload. This tea is one that contains herbs that help the liver (our body's natural cleaner) to sweep the "baddies" out. The herbs here are gentle, and if you have skin issues this one may help, as the liver's mirror is our skin. Check this one out asap!
|Decoction Method||Infusion Method|
|20 minutes||1 hour|
*All times are approximate.*
- 2 cups spring water
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks/1 teaspoon cinnamon chips
- 1 teaspoon burdock root
- 1 teaspoon dandelion root
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger/1 slice fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon licorice root
- 1/2 teaspoon nettles
- 1/2 teaspoon oat straw
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow dock root
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Combine 2 cups of spring water and all of the herbs in a small pot over high heat and cover.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Let the tea steep for 20 minutes, strain, and enjoy!
- Combine all of the herbs in a glass jar.
- Boil 2 cups of spring water and pour over the herbs.
- Cover (making sure that the bottle is sealed) and steep the tea for 1 hour, strain, and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!