Homemade French Fries
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Hey Fam Bam!
These days my daughter (younger child) has been slowly eliminating foods from her diet. She has decided that she no longer wants to eat the same foods that she sees us eat together as a family. One of her few favorites at the moment are French fries. She loooves them! We have been going back and forth with the ideas of allowing her to eat them or attempting to put our parental foot down and make her eat what we provide. Besides, French fries are usually loaded with trans fats that in time cause high levels of LDL (bad cholesterol), could act as carcinogens (cancer causing), among other risky factors.
In my best attempt to lower her exposure to those risks and substitute the unhealthy oils used in French fries, I made an organic homemade version with minimal oil and salt. Needless to say, she loved my fries! It was a perfectly crispy home run in our house, and they were delicious!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
*All times are approximate.*
- organic potatoes
- organic unrefined grapeseed oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- Primal Kitchen organic ketchup
- Using a fry cutter (or just chop them yourself) cut potatoes into fries.
- Toss fries with a light coating of oil, Himalayan pink salt, and/or any other desired seasonings.
- Cook them in the air fryer. (If you are making a large amount of fries, cook them in batches. Read the directions that came with your air fryer for more specifics.)
- Toss fries periodically to make sure that they cook evenly.
- Once fries have reached your desired texture, serve (with or without your favorite condiments), and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!