Jerk Kale and Red Beans
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
We finally arrived back home from our short family vacation. It was an awesome time visiting with family. There is nothing more important to me than time with family showing love to one another. We've laughed, cried, prayed, got stuck in the rain, sat in nature, watched movies, and of course ate some good good food together. One thing you can never get back is time, so we must be mindful of how we spend it.
Upon our arrival back home, I looked inside of our refrigerator and realized that we had left a bunch of kale in there. I thought to myself, why wouldn't I have chopped this up and put it into the freezer? It was almost completely dried out, but I am not a fan of wasting totally good food if it isn't spoiled. I did what I know how to do best...Improvise!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- red (purple) onion
- shiitake mushrooms
- organic vegetable broth
- Flavor fit kitchen Sweet Heat Jerk seasoning
- pink Himalayan salt
- Weber salt free chicken seasoning
- red kidney beans
- Ezekiel whole grain bread
- Chop onion, garlic, mushrooms, and tomato.
- add kale to a food processor and chop to small bits.
- Heat a skillet on medium/medium low heat and add chopped onions, garlic, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Add about 2 Tablespoons of organic vegetable broth and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped kale, 1 cup of organic vegetable broth, and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add Flavor fit kitchen Sweet Heat Jerk seasoning, pink Himalayan salt, and Weber salt free chicken seasoning.
- Add 1-2 large handfuls of spinach. Simmer for 1-2 minutes and mix well.
- Add red kidney beans and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle granulated garlic onto a slice of Ezekiel whole grain bread and cook in air fryer about 5 minutes (or toaster oven) until crunchy like toast.
- Fill you bowl with 1-2 cups of yummy vegetables (approximately 1 serving) and one slice of garlic toast (1 serving) and enjoy your meal!
**Season everything to taste. Careful with jerk seasoning if you don't like spicy food.