Kale and Black Eyed Peas Stir Fry
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Hey! Hey! Heeey Fam Bam!
My grandmother was visting this week! Those of you who know me, know how I feel about my grandmother. We'd made time to hang out a few times while she was in the area, but she decided to pay us a visit at our home the day before she skipped town. Y'all know I had to whip something up for my granny. It had to be delicious, nutritious, and super beneficial to her body. Every attempt that I am presented with to nourish her with healthy food and information...I take it! No questions asked.
I opened my refrigerator and scoured my cabinets to whip something up. Granny had a hair appointment soon, so I didn't have much time, but y'all know that I like to make it quick anyway. This is how I made the delicious meal that we enjoyed together!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- unrefined avocado oil
- chopped red (purple) onion
- minced garlic
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped kale
- chopped celery
- organic vegetable broth
- chopped portobello mushroom
- cooked black eyed peas
- fresh marjoram
- cayenne pepper
- Himalayan pink salt (only a pinch)
- Flavor Fit Kitchen savory asian spice blend
- liquid aminos
- liquid smoke
- Heat about 1 Tablespoon of unrefined avocado oil (or any other medium to high heat unrefined oil) in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, chopped onion, and chopped bell pepper. Sauté until garlic smells strong and onions begin to soften.
- Add chopped kale and chopped celery to the pan with about 1/2 cup of organic vegetable broth (adding 1 Tablespoon at a time as needed to keep from sticking and give those veggies a little steam). Cook for about 3 minutes or until celery and kale begin to soften.
- Add chopped portobello mushrooms, Himalayan pink salt, cumin, turmeric, oregano, allspice, savory asian spice blend, liquid aminos, and liquid smoke (only a dash or two). Mix and cook veggies about another 2 minutes. (I added my mushrooms later so that I wouldn't lose the almost meat-like texture.)
- Add cooked black eyed peas and fresh marjoram. (I used 1 can of organic no salt added black eyed peas. If you do this, drain and rinse them first.)
- Stir everything together well, cook for about 2 more minutes, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!