Mickey Mouse Waffles
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
My mother-in-love sent a cute little waffle iron home for my son because she knows how much he loves to cook with mommy. What an awesome gesture, right!? So, of course we put it into use almost immediately. He and his sister loooove eating Mickey Mouse waffles now, but of course mommy had to make a few additions to the recipe. Check out how I made the batter.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- Mickey Mini Waffle Maker
- unrefined grape seed oil (any unrefined oil or vegan butter would work too) *Optional*
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 11/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Green Superfood
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon Brown Swerve
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Organic Liquid Stevia (or just a couple of quick squirts)
- 1 Tablespoon sea moss gel *Optional*
- Plug in the waffle iron and gather all ingredients.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using a food brush, lightly brush oil or vegan butter onto the top and bottom of the inside of the waffle iron.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix well. (Add a little more almond milk as needed if batter is too thick for your preference - 1 Tablespoon at a time.)
- Slowly pour batter onto the waffle iron using a cake spatula or spoon to move batter into the ears. Be careful not to overfill the iron so that it doesn't overflow when you close it.
- Close and lock the waffle iron for 5-7 minutes or until the waffle begins turning a golden brown color around the edges.
- Open the waffle iron and use a fork to lift the waffle out of the iron. If it starts to stick just slowly pry the edges off with the fork. It'll still taste great (lol).
- Add your favorite condiments and enjoy! My children love to eat their waffles with fruit!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!