Mixed Berry Cheesecake
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Don't ever let anyone tell you that eating healthy is boring and flavorless. That is completely false. This cheesecake is proof! I had been eating a little bit more sugar this summer than I usually allow myself. We know that refined and artificial sugars wreak havoc on our blood sugar levels, weight, hormones, memory, cause water retention, etc. One way to replace sugar but still get the same yummy outcome is by using natural sweeteners. But wait! Before you change your mind and say that you hate sweeteners, just hear me out. There's a way to make them taste great and minimize that terrible after taste. Plants can do everything that you need them to do and more! One would never suspect that this cheesecake has minimal sugar and no dairy WHATSOEVER! Let me just say that this entire cheesecake lasted all of 3 days in our house.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|60 minutes||60 minutes||2 hours|
*All times are approximate.*
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup organic coconut cream
- 8 ounces Violife Just Like cream cheese (vegan)
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined grapeseed oil (or coconut oil)
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- berries (frozen or fresh)
- Confectioners Swerve sweetener
*Get all 3 Swerve sweeteners here!*
**Another great option for a natural sweetener is Monk Fruit sweetener**
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and pour in cashews. Let rest for 1 hour uncovered.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a spring form pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add organic graham crackers, almond flour, Himalayan pink salt, Brown Swerve, and Granular Swerve. Process until it becomes a fine meal.
- Add melted Earth Balance vegan butter. Meal should turn into a loose dough. (If it's too dry, add more vegan butter a little bit at a time.)
- Transfer mixture to lined spring form pan. Press with clean fingers/hands to form an even crust along the bottom and up around the sides.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges and surface are golden brown, then remove from oven to cool slightly. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- In a high speed blender combine soaked and drained cashews, organic coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, arrowroot powder, vanilla, Confectioners Swerve, liquid stevia, unrefined grapeseed oil, and lemon juice. Blend on high until mixture is creamy and smooth. (Taste and adjust as needed.)
- Pour filling into the pre-bakes crust. Spread into an even layer. (Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cracks begin to form in the top, and the edges appear dry. Remove from oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes at room temp.
- (Optional) Over medium/medium-high heat, combine water, mixed berries, and Confectioner Swerve in a small sauce pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the water evaporates and you are left with a concentrated berry sauce. Pour the sauce on top of the cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Let cheesecake cool in the refrigerator for 6-12 hours (preferably overnight).
- Release and remove sides of the springform pan, cut a slice, serve, and enjoy!