Plant-Based Broccoli Cheddar Soup
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
I was inspired to make this soup while browsing the world wide web. When I saw it, I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought to make it sooner. I absolutely LOVE broccoli cheddar soup. Before we began eating strictly plant-based, I would always buy the broccoli cheddar soup from Costco, and have to eat the entire two containers alone because my husband doesn't like cheese. I still had to eat this plant-based version alone because vegan cheese tastes so much like real cheese, so my husband still won't eat it. He has no clue what he's missing! Try this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
*All times are approximate.*
- chopped broccoli
- organic vegetable broth
- Himalayan pink salt
- black pepper
- onion flakes
- granulated garlic
- nutritional yeast
- vegan cheddar
- cashew yogurt
- whole grain bread (croutons)
- green onions
- Add chopped broccoli to a food processor and process into small bits.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and about 1 cup of organic vegetable broth. Cook until broccoli has softened.
- Add Himalayan pink salt, black pepper, onion flakes, granulated garlic, and a little more vegetable broth to keep for from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the remaining organic vegetable broth, the entire pack of shredded vegan cheddar, about 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast, and the entire container of cashew yogurt. Stir well, cook for about 5 minutes, then reduce heat.
- Cut whole grain bread into small squares and cook in the air fryer for about 5-10 minutes or until desired crunchiness is reached.
- In a bowl, add 1 ladle of soup. Top with croutons and green onion, then enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!