Plant-Based Jamaican Jambalaya
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
|Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 minutes||25 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- In a large pot, boil 10 cups of water. Add pink himalayan salt and brown jasmine rice. Cook for 15 minutes
- In a medium sauce pot, combine frozen vegetables and beyond beef.
- Add pink himalayan salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, ground cumin, oregano, cilantro, turmeric powder, curry powder, and liquid smoke. Mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add Primal Kitchen No Dairy Alfredo Sauce and mix well. Reduce heat.
- Strain rice and rinse with clean water about two more times. Return rice back to the large pot, and add vegetables and beyond meat contents from the smaller sauce pot. Mix well.
- Reduce all heat. Add 1-2 large serving spoons to a bowl and garnish with parsley for serving.
There is always a way to enjoy your meal plant-based style. If you are at home, traveling, or even ordering out, there is usually a way to make something work for you. Fortunately, more businesses are finding ways to accommodate plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian ways of eating. But, if all else fails, you can find a grocery store, farmer's market, or a local coop to grab some ingredients. If you're really pressed for time, they may have some plant-based frozen or on-the-go meals that don't require much more than a few minutes in the microwave at the most.
Daily we are faced with decisions when it comes to what we put in and on our bodies. We do not always make the best decisions, and that is ok every now and again. What matters is that we never give up.
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!