Plant-Based Sugar Free Cupcakes with Icing and Sprinkles
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
I promised that I would start a blog with all of my recipes and I'm finally doing it. I will be playing catch up, but I figured that it might make sense to start with my most recent posts and work my way down (while still adding my new posts at the same time). We'll see how smoothly I can do that. Nonetheless, here is the recipe for the cupcakes that I bake for my family.
Pretty much every time we go to any gathering where there's food (parties, barbeques, holiday dinners, class birthdays, etc.) I have to remember to bake some special desserts for us. If you follow a specific way of eating, most of the time you will have to pack food and/or snacks because most people eat the SAD (Standard American Diet). No shade on folks that do, but to get a hold of your own diet and completely control what goes into your body, you will have to do what is necessary for you and your family.
With that said, here is what I do.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- 2 1/2 cups organic almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic arrowroot powder
- 3/4 cup Swerve sweetener (granulated or powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)
- 2 teaspoons organic baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup unrefined organic grape seed oil (or unrefined coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup organic Almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting
- Supernatural Kitchen Rainbow Starfetti Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flours, Swerve, baking powder, and Pink Himalayan salt until well combined.
- Stir in the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia. Be sure that there are no lumps and that the batter is smooth and thick.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cupcake liner about 1/2-3/4 of the way full.
- Place in the oven and back for 20-22 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Poke one with a toothpick to make sure that the inside is fully cooked.
- Let cool in the tray for at least 10 minutes before icing.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, apply Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting to the tops of each cupcake.
- Add Rainbow Starfetti Sprinkles on top as desired and enjoy!
**If you'd like a chocolate version of this cake, just add some organic cacao powder to the dry ingredients in step 2.
As we walk this journey called life, we must do our best to protect ourselves. We may not be able to prevent every little toxin or pathogen from getting into our bodies (its actually impossible these days) but we can make choices that lower the chances. We can make choices about what we put in and on our bodies that help the body do what it does best, repair itself.
Enjoy your day and give it your best shot!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!