Plant-Based Low-Sugar Peach Cobbler
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
One of my favorite desserts to eat as a child was my grandmother's peach cobbler. Oh my goodness! It just melts your tastebuds, even today. I thought to myself, I would love to eat some of that, so I set out to make a low-sugar and dairy-free version of it for my family to enjoy for dessert.
Needless to say, it turned out to be AMAZING! My husband who has never been a fan of peach cobbler, ate almost half of the entire cobbler. I mean, licked the bowl clean (lol). Here is how I made the cobbler that lasted all of 10 minutes outside of the oven.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||40 minutes||55 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- 3-4 sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup Swerve (granulated or confectioners sweetener)
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Soy Free vegan butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve (granulated or confectioners sweetener)
- 1/8 cup Swerve Brown Sugar (sweetener)
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking/casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Put sliced peaches into a small mixing bowl. Add melted vegan butter, both Swerve sweeteners, stevia (optional), vanilla extract, almond milk, flour, baking powder, salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Crumble/Sprinkle the batter on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm with a side of dairy-free and/or low-sugar ice cream and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!