BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich and Salad
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
There comes a time when the groceries are getting low and you have to throw something together with the things that you have left. Just when you think that "there's nothing in there", you find some leftover hotdog rolls and a can of jackfruit. Then the ideas start to flow. Here is how I made a pulled BBQ jackfruit sandwich and a side salad. It was a healthier choice that was both filling and delicious. Here are all of the ingredients that I used and my cooking process.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- 1 can organic jackfruit
- 1 whole grain hot dog roll (or whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup water
- pink himalayan salt
- granulated garlic (or fresh garlic)
- dried chopped onion flakes (or fresh onion)
- black pepper
- dried oregano (or fresh oregano leaves)
- salt free chicken seasoning
- sugar free bbq sauce
- spring mix (or any salad leaves)
- chopped red onion
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped tomato
- Violife vegan parmesan cheese (or any other brand)
- Primal Kitchen vegan ranch dressing (or any other brand)
- put skillet on medium/medium-low heat.
- Open the can of jackfruit into a strainer, rinse, squeeze out excess water, and break into smaller pieces.
- pour jackfruit into heated skillet and add water.
- Add pink himalayan salt, garlic, onion flakes, black pepper, oregano, and salt free chicken seasoning. Mix jackfruit and seasonings together for 1-3 minutes.
- Add bbq sauce and mix into jackfruit. Reduce heat.
- Add cooked jackfruit to hotdog bun.
- In a bowl, add lettuce, red onion, bell pepper, tomato, vegan parmesan cheese, and vegan ranch dressing.
I love to explore with different food products and brands, but I am always careful to avoid added sugars, refined, and processed foods where I can. I do choose to enjoy them, but in moderation. If food is available to you, there is always opportunity to get creative and satisfy your tastebuds. Lets all try to make healthier choices, one meal at a time.
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!