Sausage, Peppers, & Onions with a Baked Potato
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
Have you ever neglected your potatoes? I mean after all of your other vegetables are gone, there are a coupe of lonely potatoes still there just waiting to be eaten. Well that was the case for us this time. I felt that those potatoes deserved the chance to be dressed up nicely and enjoyed just like all of our other yummy vegetables, so I baked and smothered them.
Fun fact: I thought that these were russet potatoes, but they turned out to be what I think were Japanese sweet potatoes. Either potato would work just fine. It turned out to be quite tasty.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||45 minutes||55 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- 2 potatoes
- Earth Balance soy free vegan butter
- Beyond Sausage Hot Italian
- minced garlic
- chopped yellow onion
- red (purple) onion
- chopped bell peppers
- chopped shiitake mushrooms
- chopped parsley
- pink himalayan salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Poke holes all over each potato, place on the baking sheet, and put in the oven for about 45 minutes. Around 20 minutes coat the outside of each potato with butter and lightly salt.
- Over medium/medium-high heat, put sausage in the frying pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes then chop sausages into bite sized pieces.
- Add minced garlic, chopped yellow onions, red (purple) onions, chopped bell peppers, chopped shiitake mushrooms, chopped parsley, pink himalayan salt, black pepper, rosemary, oregano, and paprika.
- Sauté until onions caramelize and reduce heat.
- Poke potatoes with a knife or fork. The outside should be crispy and the inside should be soft.
- Cut potato in half, fluff the inside of the potato and add sausage, peppers, and onions. Enjoy your meal!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!