Sweet Potato Hash
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
This morning I woke up and did a much needed low-impact high-intensity cardio workout. Then I followed that up with some strength training. Afterward I was sooo hungry so I decided that sweet potatoes would an excellent choice. I would be able to provide my body with some complex carbs and throw in some other veggies and herbs of al different colors to boost other areas of nutrients and phytonutrients. I also washed it down with one of my green juices. If you haven't seen how I make those, check out my Instagram page. I've done some videos on that too. Here's how I made my quick, easy, and energy packed sweet potato hash.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- unrefined grape seed oil
- chopped sweet potato
- chopped red (purple) onion
- minced garlic
- water/organic vegetable broth
- frozen vegetable blend
- fresh basil
- fresh fennel fronds/fresh dill
- green onion
- fresh spinach
- Himalayan pink salt
- cayenne pepper
- jerk seasoning
- dried oregano
- 365 plant-based breakfast patties
- Pop those frozen breakfast patties into the air fryer for about 10 minutes or until they reach your desired texture.
- Heat unrefined grape seed oil in frying pan over medium-high/high heat. Add chopped sweet potatoes and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add water or organic vegetable broth as needed tp keep food from sticking to the pan.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes begin to soften, add frozen vegetables, fresh basil, fennel/dill, and green onion. Cook until ice has melted and vegetables begin to soften. Add fresh spinach and toss into the hot food until it begins to wilt. Then add Himalayan pink salt, cayenne pepper, jerk seasoning, and oregano. (Be careful with the cayenne and jerk seasoning. If you don't like spicy food you can either omit them or use them sparingly.)
- Grab a bowler serving. About 1 cup of food is 1 serving. Add your breakfast patties on the side or break them up into your food. Either way, enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!