Vegan Chicken Cheesesteak
I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.
Tonight I had a moment. Sometimes I begin to miss the flavors of my hometown, Philly. I'm sometimes saddened at the thought of never again having the foods that I enjoyed growing up as a meat-eater. That is when I put my thoughts in rotation. I decided to make a plant-based chicken cheesesteak. It was an extremely nostalgic experience. Here's how I did it.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||15 minutes||20 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- unrefined grape seed oil
- chopped onion
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped garlic cloves
- pink himalayan salt
- black pepper
- Weber Salt Free Chicken Seasoning
- Follow Your Heart provolone vegan cheese
- Sub/Hoagie roll
- vegan mayonnaise
- cayenne pepper
- granulated garlic
- Kirkland Organic No-Salt Seasoning
- ground turmeric
- Add a small amount of unrefined grape seed oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and chopped garlic cloves. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add seitan, pink himalayan salt, black pepper, and Weber Salt Free Chicken Seasoning. Cook, chopping seitan into the smallest chunks possible until it becomes soft and tender.
- Fix sautéed seitan into a straight line in the skillet, resembling your roll, and place Follow Your Heart provolone vegan cheese on top.
- Apply vegan mayonnaise to the inside of a roll and place in the skillet upside down over top the seitan and cheese layers. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow vegan cheese to melt for about 2-3 minutes.
- Slide spatula underneath the pile of seitan, place one hand on top of the roll, and flip the entire sandwich right side up. Place on a plate, and add preferred condiments. I used Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup.
- In the same skillet, over medium/medium-low heat, add unrefined grape seed oil, spinach, pink himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, granulated garlic, Kirkland Organic No-Salt Seasoning, and ground turmeric. Sauté until spinach is softened, adding water 1 Tablespoon at a time as needed to keep spinach from sticking to the pan.
- Plate your food and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!