Veggie Pizza Pillows
|I am not a doctor. I can not diagnose, cure, treat, prevent disease and illness. I am just here to share my experiences and things that I've learned.|
I wanted to make something different today that would be fun to eat, like finger foods. I made this meal with a goal in mind. Hopefully it would make my little children excited to eat the greens inside. It was an ambitious feat, but it was 1/2 of the way successful. My oldest child enjoyed these as long as I was feeding him the one that was on my plate (lol). Check out the recipe below.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
*All times are approximate*
- unrefined grape seed oil
- chopped onion
- minced garlic
- chopped collard greens
- chopped purple kale
- organic vegetable broth
- tomato sauce/tomato paste
- fresh thyme
- fresh parsley
- Weber chicken seasoning salt free
- cayenne pepper
- dried cumin
- Himalayan pink salt
- Nasoya vegan egg roll wrappers
- vegan mozzarella cheese ( I used Daiya mozzarella style shreds this time.)
- Heat frying pan over medium/medium high heat and add unrefined grape seed oil.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add chopped collard greens and chopped purple kale. Add vegetable broth as needed to keep veggies from sticking and to add flavor. Cook until vegetables soften. (I like a little bit of a crunch so I don't cook them too soft.)
- Add a little bit of tomato sauce to the pan (or tomato paste mixed with vegetable broth) to create some sauce. (Not too much because you don't want it runny.)
- Add fresh thyme, parsley, Weber chicken seasoning, cumin, cayenne pepper, and Himalayan pink salt. Mix well and cook for another 3 minutes, then reduce heat.
- Place one dry egg roll wrapper on a dry sanitized flat surface. Put about 1 tablespoon of your prepared vegetables in the center of the wrapper, then add vegan mozzarella cheese on top.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with unrefined grape seed oil and place another dry wrapper on top. Seal the edges.
- Brush the edges of the top wrapper with unrefined grape seed oil. Fold both layers of each corner up to the middle of the square to form a pillow shape. Brush both sides of the pillow and place it into your air fryer.
- Set to about 10 minutes or until pillows are golden brown.
- Carefully remove the hot pillows, plate, and enjoy!
Leave a comment, subscribe, and share this blog post. Watch our videos and reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook to let us know how much you love this recipe. We want to hear about your health food journey. Be sure to grab some of our awesome Whipped Shea Butter Blend before you go!